Important: FreeDNS has been under attack, so you might not be able to download the latest updater, so be sure to download that here to replace your “updater.jar” file! This file should fix the problem: http://18.104.22.168/download/updater.jar
- A sound is played when a flag is dropped off
- Flags are more easily seen on the minimap and show up even if held by people
- There is now a visual indicator on the UI pointing in the direction of flags on the battlefield
- Flags drop on the nearest non-lava ground tile
- There is now a chat message for when someone picks up, loses, and drops off a flag
- Flags are now lost when a player reaches a certain velocity. The value can be changed in the serveroptions.txt
- Flags are now lost when a player casts a movement spell (this doesn’t include Lunge unless it reaches the velocity threshold)
- Flags cannot be picked up by a Propelling player
- Increased min and max energy orb respawn timers to 20-30 from 15-20
- Laser Shot speed increased to 1250 pixels per second from 1100
A flag tile can be created by choosing the third tile in the map editor. Players can drop off flags at enemy spawns (when making a capture map, choose a tile that stands out and place it where the spawns are so people know where to drop off flags)
- There is now no cost for a full account
I have come to the conclusion that if I want other people to play this game, it’s a bad idea to split the community between those that have purchased the full version and those that have not, so I made this change. I hope to gain some kind of player base by doing this to help drive development. After I finish up capture the flag mode and a couple other things, I’ll make attempts at getting new players and will set up official servers.
- Fixed tooltip on Lunge
- Energized Lunge’s slow increased to 50% from 30%
- New Ice Sheet Icon
- Green saturation on Thin Ice Sheet has been lowered
- Capture the flag game mode work has begun!
I’ve been really busy with school (calculus 2, to be exact) and work and a car crash, and it’s been a shame since I haven’t been able to program so much. I hope that I can get back into the flow of game production again soon.
I began work on capture the flag, which works, but it still requires a bit of tinkering (sounds and chat messages and the like). I also started on changing the game system. I’ll soon put up a patch that lets people create full accounts for free (including the map editor and color changing options and server list). No one has bought it yet, so I don’t see a problem in doing this.